White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are one of my favorite. I decided to try my hand at making pancakes that mimic the sweet nuttiness of the cookie. They were so good topped with strawberries, hazelnut spread and more white chocolate … almost like eating dessert for breakfast! Okay, it WAS like eating dessert for breakfast.
A few tips about waffle irons … don’t overfill the iron or you’ll have a mess on your hands. I ladle about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of batter into mine.
It’s okay if the crevices aren’t completely full. The waffle batter will rise and fill the iron as it cooks.
It’s also okay if your waffles aren’t perfect … we call that “rustic” around here! Two of these go a long way to filling up a grown man, so you won’t need too many of them … unless you’re Noodle … then you’ll eat them until you pop. She LOVED these!
I should also tell you that I use baking mix for most of my waffles and pancakes. They tend to turn out better that way.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shopped macadamia nuts
- 3 squares white chocolate, chopped
- Heat waffle iron. Spray non-stick cooking spray on both sides each time you make a new waffle.
- Combine first five ingredients until blended.
- Gently fold in macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of mixture on hot waffle iron. Close lid and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Open waffle iron and gently remove cooked waffle to plate.
- Top with strawberries, hazelnut spread, and shaved white chocolate.
- My waffle iron gets pretty hot, so these don't take much more than 3 minutes to cook. These can be topped with anything you like, but strawberries and hazelnut spread make them delectable!