Oink, Oink! I get tired of the good ole fashioned hamburger … we eat a lot of them in the summer. No matter how much I love them, I like to experiment with what goes between the bun. While searching for some inspiration, I ran across these BBQ Pork Burgers from Leite’s Culinaria. They looked darn good, so I headed out to make my own rendition.
I stuck to the general premise of using BBQ sauce, but I added a little Accent seasoning … a trick I learned from our local golf course head burger chef! I’m a sucker for Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, too. If I want sweet, that’s my go-to sauce!
It didn’t take long to grill these … about 4 minutes on each side. I added some fresh pineapple rings and asparagus to the grill, too. Grilled fruit, especially pineapple, is one of my favorite summertime foods! Add a slice of sweet onion and extra BBQ sauce, and you’re set to go!
JD wasn’t too keen on the idea of pork burgers, so I didn’t tell him the night I made these that they were pork. Yeah, sneaky, I know. He actually raved about them. Noodle gobbled hers down as fast as she could. I’d say that was a home run!
I’ve shared this with Full Plate Thursdays at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, so hop on over to see all the other delicious food!Print
Pork Burgers with Grilled Pineapple
A great alternative to the hamburger!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup favorite sweet BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- 4 rings of fresh pineapple, about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 rings sliced sweet onion, about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 Onion rolls, split
- Prepare your grill for medium heat. Make sure grill grates are clean and well greased.
- Gently mix pork, BBQ sauce and Accent.
- Separate pork mixture into 4 equal parts and form patties the same size as your buns. Don’t over work the patties.
- Place patties on grill. Flip patties after 3-4 minutes. Grill on opposite side for 3-4 minutes.
- While burgers are cooking, please pineapple rings on the grill. Grill for a couple minutes on each side.
- Assemble the burgers. Place pineapple on bottom bun. Add sliced onion. Add burger. Top with additional BBQ sauce.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 543
- Sugar: 21
- Sodium: 377
- Fat: 26
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 14
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Protein: 34
- Cholesterol: 107