Every time I go to the bookstore, I pick up a cookbook or two from the bargain bin section. This is why I have more cookbooks than I need … and why Noodle tells me I don’t need anymore!
I recently discovered Southern Living’s 5 Ingredient Weeknight Meals and grabbed it up! We’ve loved everything that I’ve cooked from it so far, even though I rarely follow the directions entirely!
My husband and I meet at home for lunch nearly every day – we’re blessed to live within a few minutes of our offices so we take full advantage of that. It does, however, pose a problem if I haven’t planned well for the week. This cookbook is full of recipes that can be prepared relatively quickly.
This peanut chicken salad quickly became on of our favorite! It’s easy and flavorful. The best part is you can use leftover chicken from dinner the night before!
I adapted the original recipe to suit our lunch dates. This will serve two people a large portion. It’s enough to keep you going all afternoon!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read our policies. Affiliate income simply helps offset the cost of Rooted In Foods and is greatly appreciated.
Peanut Chicken Salad
This is a super easy and flavorful lunch for two that can be prepared ahead of time or quickly if you’re in a crunch.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salads
For the Salad
- 1 12oz package broccoli slaw
- 4 oz snow peas
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- Place slaw in a salad bowl.
- Trim ends of snow peas, line up, and cut crosswise into bite-size pieces.
- Toss snow peas, chicken and peanuts with broccoli slaw and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add more or less chili garlic sauce based on desired level of spice.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Recipe analyzed by VeryWell nutrition calculator
Adapted from 5 Ingredient Weeknight Meals