I received a wonderful surprise last night when I checked in on Twitter … Valerie Hughes, who writes Genealogy with Valerie, nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award”. I am very honored to be recognized by such a great blogger and author! Thank you, Valerie!
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
- Contact your bloggers to let them know that you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
Seven Random Things About Niki
- I fell in love with history when I was 11 years old and watched Patrick Swayze in the North and South miniseries. I was smitten with Ory Maine and John Jakes!
- My mom wanted to name me Phoebe after my Grandpa’s mom. He wouldn’t let her because he thought babies should be given a name of their own. I named my daughter Phoebe … I didn’t ask for permission!
- I twirled a flag in my high school marching band and went another four years as a Marching Saluki in college!
- I didn’t like to cook when I was a kid.
- I was born in Carbondale, Illinois and never moved away …my family has been in the area for 200 years.
- I love liver and onions with mashed potatoes … and I’ve eaten bison, venison, goose, duck, quail, pheasant, rabbit, frog legs, alligator, crawdads, barbecued raccoon, black pudding, head cheese, rocky mountain oysters, fried squirrel and a squirrel head … maybe I should write a post about that one! Some of these gross MPG out 🙂
- Scott Fitzgerald and his Great Gatsby are the reason I have a passion for writing. That book changed my life.
15 Bloggers I Admire
This is a mix of food, cooking, history, and genealogy blog … my great passions are represented here. Enjoy!
Sassy Genealogist by Carla Love Maitland, @sassygenealogy
Empty Nest Genealogy by Christine Blythe, @enheritage
No Story Too Small by Amy Johnson Crow, @amycrow
Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver, @rjseaver
365-ish Days of Pinterest by Nicole Burkholder, @365ishPins
Christina’s Cucina by Christina Conte, @ChristinaCucina
Outlander Kitchen by Theresa Carle-Sanders, @OutlanderKitchn
The Old Foodie by Janet Clarkson, @TheOldFoodie
Downton Abbey Cooks by Pamela Foster, @DowntonCooks
Family Stories: Photographs and Memories by Diane Hewson, @DianeHewson
Food in Jars by Marisa McClellan, @foodinjars
The Scottish Emigration Blog by Amanda Epperson, @AmandaEpperson
Home is Where the Boat Is by Mary McCachern, @HiwtbiMary
Desserts Required by Betsy Cohen, @dessertsreqrd
I will be contacting these bloggers … hopefully before they see this!